Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups water
- 4 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 package preshredded carrot
- 1 package presliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 package fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups hot cooked whole-wheat blend wide egg noodles (about 3 1/2 cups uncooked)
Combine noodles, oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; toss well to coat.
Combine water and next 6 ingredients (through chicken breast) in a large Dutch oven; add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
Remove chicken from pan; cool slightly. Shred chicken with 2 forks.
Add carrot and mushrooms to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes or until carrot is tender.
Add shredded chicken, parsley, spinach, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt; cook 3 minutes or until spinach wilts.
Stir in noodle mixture, lemon juice, and pepper. Cook 1 minute.