Fish and Egg Salad
- 1 cup (about 9oz) of finely diced or shredded fish (I like to use a packet of salmon and a packet of tuna)
- 1/4 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 TBSP avocado mayonnaise (or purchase here)
- 2 TBSP Dijon Mustard
- 3 TBSP pickle juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (dry really doesn't work in this dish!)
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/3 cup finely diced celery
- 2 chopped hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Simply mix all the ingredients together. This recipe is great because you can make it your own easily by changing the ratios of the ingredients, changing the fish, and adding different spices. I've used Old Bay in place of the salt and pepper, and it was fantastic. You can also add to this recipe. Toasted nuts are fantastic. Use pickles instead of pickle juice.
Serve this open-faced on grain-free toast, over a bed of greens, on a slice of tomato, or as a dip with cucumbers.