Sweet Potato White Bean Soup
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion (peeled, roughly chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled, chopped)
- 1/2 poblano chili (charred, chopped)
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (small cubes)
- 2 cups white beans (or 1, 15oz can rinsed and drained)
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1-2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 bunch Swiss chard (stem removed, cut into thin strip
- Pink Himalayan or Sea Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- In a large Dutch oven over medium high heat, add coconut oil, onion, garlic and poblano. Cook until softened, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in the sweet potatoes, cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the vegetable stock. Cook for 30 minutes. Then add the beans and sesame oil.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the vegetable mixture and stock until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.Stir in the almond butter to the pureed soup. Stir in the Swiss chard and white beans. The hot soup will wilt the Swiss chard.