- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 large bunch parsley (without stems)
- 1 chopped apple
- 1 chopped red onion
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- Optional: pomegranate seeds or dried fruit
- Serve with: baked potato, over greens, or over a cooked protein
- Place bulgur in a large bowl, covered with cold water, for at least an hour –then drain.
Place parsley, apple, red onion, walnuts, EVOO, juice from 2 lemons, salt, and pepper in a food processor and pulse a few times.
Serve over a bed of greens or maybe even a baked potato or protein!
Top with dried fruit or pomegranate seeds to balance the tartness in this recipe.