- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups veggie stock
- 1 can canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 can canned kidney beans - drained, rinsed, and mashed
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place turkey in the pot, and cook until evenly brown. Stir in onion, and cook until tender.
- Pour stock into the pot. Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans, and garlic.
- Season chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.